Thursday, November 13, 2008

Appreciation of the Day


My dear Beloved, as I am watching nature and the still instinctual animals of our planet, I realize that the concept of give-and-take is completely absent. It simply doesn't exist. What does exist, however, is a give-and-regive energy that keeps the circle of abundance going on and on. Rain falling from the sky never gets rejected by the soil, but instead is received and absorbed with gratitude. Out of the overflowing of this receiving, the soil has no choice but to give the gift back to the skies in form of dew, clouds, and fog. And the skies gratefully accept this beautiful and magnificant gift, only so it too can overflow with the gift itself by converting it into rain once again so it can be given back to the soil. And so the circle goes on and on. It's a circle of giving. And expectations are nowhere to be found within this sacred concept of nature.

Love is the only form of energy that cannot be received. It can only be given. And only in the GIVING is our love blessed with the immediate feeling of having received an amazing gift.

To give is truly a blissful state to be in. How I wish to approach my union with you in this way.

Yet how often do I remember someone wanting to do something nice for me and how I would simply squash the gift by saying: "Oh, you shouldn't have!"

The soil never closes its arms to the skies by saying: "Oh, you shouldn't give me this precious gift of rain today!"

And yet we do this to people all the time. And oh, how I apologize to all whose gifts I have ever "clipped off."

What I appreciate about you, my Beloved, is all that you willingly do for me and us as a union. Thank you for going the extra mile to come see me, for driving long hours while being tired, because being with me is the most important thing to you. Thank you for giving so unconditionally of yourself and for allowing me to receive your amazing gifts, and holding my space if ever I falter and reject them, when in fact I'm simply overwhelmed with your giving. Thank you for your patience, for your guidance and for your unconditional love and leadership to being the one to bringing the sun's light to this relationship.

And I await you with reverance...

No comments: