Thursday, November 20, 2008

Missing My Beloved


Is there anyone out there who knows what it feels like to miss someone so much that at times you almost want to close your eyes, this time for one last time because your pain is so unbearable, so numbing? Have you ever had the following experience?

I miss you, but the feeling comes for a few seconds here and there at first. After a day or two the feeling seems to reside more pronounced in the solar plexus area. After another day or so it starts to radiate out towards the stomach and the heart area, growing ever bigger. It's as if there is a "black hole" in the center where my shining solar plexus usually is. The pain grows bigger until it eventually makes you feel nauseated and sick to your stomach. It's as if there is a giant elephant standing on your chest, weighing as much as the whole world and then some. The pain increases and I get headaches and a sore throat. It's as if someone is having their hands around my neck as if they're wanting to strangle me. You don't know if your tear ducts are directly linked to the Pacific Ocean, they just won't stop crying. Appetite has long gone and the longing for long, uninterrupted sleep that lasts a few weeks or months start to become predominant. Eventually you start getting short of breath or start having breathing problems all together. Anxiety sets in. A bronchitis is no suprise, a cold or a flu is not out of the ordinary either until the entire bodily system starts to shut down. Thoughts of "why did this person leave me" and "what did I do to make him go away" start to circle in a forever spin inside my head. Victim mentality starts to take over and soon, reverting to a small and weak child curled up in a corner somewhere, crying her eyes out because she doesn't understand, start to take shape. Before you know it you don't even want to leave the house. When people invite you to go out you decline because you don't feel like you want to be seen in public. You'd rather stay at home sulking and missing your beloved even more.

Perhaps you've never experienced such deep feelings? Maybe you're asking yourself why anyone would let themselves go "that far" into the hole before they climb back out into "sanity."

Have you ever welded something together or seen something that has been welded together suddenly break apart? The tear never happens where the welding was done. In other words, when the parts separate there are parts of both pieces in each other. And when the one person leaves, he or she takes a fragments and pieces from the other person with them. Neither are whole. Both feel the separation on a spiritual level. It's agony, torture, to be separated from someone you love so much.
I thought about the word "missing" and what it really means. It's one thing to say: "I'm missing my car keys" and everyone understands what that means. It's a completely different thing to say: "I'm missing my loved one." But what does it really mean?

The dictionary states that "missing" means the following:

fail to spot, overlook, let pass, fail to notice, fail to see, neglect, ignore,
fail to take, lose, pass up, let pass

It didn't quite site with me and the pain this particular word "missing" is calling forth just doesn't measure up. So I looked up the word "miss" and here is what this means:

long for, yearn for, wish for, grieve for

I liked the word "yearn" and just had to look it up. It means:

desire, long, crave, ache, hunger

It's amazing to me how missing someone can turn us into such different creatures and Beings. What body part hurts when we miss someone? According to my description above mine seems to start out in the solar plexus area and then starts to radiate out from there. Yours may be different.
What can I do to make this pain stop? What can bring back my pieces so I can be whole again? What can be done to regain full confidence again?

When someone leaves you while they are still alive then it is a conscious choice. And since we have come to be free and to experience whatever we want Life to help us create, we can choose to suffer through missing someone or to simply make a list (mental or on paper) of all the amazing moments you've been blessed with to experience with them. Then hold a "funeral" for that relationship and let the relationship go. Let the person go, wish them well and realize that he or she has fulfilled their part of the contract. It may just have been part of the overall plan.

Then sit for a moment in silence, and realize that you didn't break after all. Even if it felt like you broke into a million pieces.

All shall be well.

2 comments:

Fate said...

I searched: missing my beloved and came across this. I have no idea where to find his face, I feel his entire presence like the existence of Universe in my chest yet I can't touch or see, it's all within. You feel his/her presence. It's so strong that you know you never missed your own mother like this, it's so strong you feel it must be a spiritual connection. And I wonder if he feels the same.
I'm not sure the cause of this but yes it's painful, it feels like a burning yearning but after many days of silence you realize this is also a gift to experience, to feel, to learn. Books speak of unconditional love, I read about it but never felt it in my core, in my breath until it hits you. Some live and die and never feel it. I know I'll live with it for a long time i'm afraid for ever. Afraid because it's such a burden but with patience I learn this is the Spirit of the One of our True Beloved that I saw in him. It's the connection of our Spirit, and the longing to know the invisible - His Face. He was Him, at least this is what I felt. And there you learn the pain of separation but then keeps you connected to your source. It's a never ending hunger, so eager to search hoping to find him although he's in my chest. Again this is a gift descended for me to learn regardless if it's him or someone else, it's your source your miss. It revealed the veil just a layer just a tease and the rest for me to know.

Anonymous said...

I know my sentiments and emotions are totally uncalled for. I'm unhappily married and have two beautiful kids. One year and a half ago, I met a girl on Facebook and soon we discovered the amazing chemisrty between us tied us together very tightly. I was much older to her but she never asked about my age and due to my looks thought I was much younger. Nevertheless, it didn't bother her too much and she accepted me with my marital status with teo kids. Time passed by, and we met last year. We kissed each other and that lit a fire in us. I flew to another country but my yearning to meet her again intensified with each day. I decided to meet her again and took leave and flew back to her. She recieved me at the airport and kissed me as passionately as she did before taking rounds of the city roads. The next day however while we were in the car, we were robbed and I couldn't hold onto her properly. I left her alone as she was soon approached by two of her kins. That day on, almost three months have passed, I'm unable to sleep and have regular thoughts of her haunting me all the time. I never knew I loved her this much. My body and mind is not letting her go away from me. I'm in a deep crisis. I have lost my job and plenty of money due to this and while in frustration I spoke about something to one of my 'friends' that lied between me and her and that spread a rumor that I have married this girl which I have not. My in-laws harrassed the family and they had to report the matter to police. Had one of my good friends not done a good job to settle the case outside the court, I would have been in deep crisis due to the girl I loved the most. I'm unable to sleep for the past three months now and keep on thinking about her. She looks like if she is embeded deep inside each cell of my body. My concentration and the drive to live on has shaken. I'm unable to live under the burdern of murdering her heart and consider myself a sinner because I became a source of great didcimfort to her and her family. I did not do it on purpose yet she might be thinking that I cheated on her or jilted her when only I know how intensely I love her and feel her absence. I think I am undone because her absence tears me each moment I live.