Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Letting Go vs. Holding On

When is it appropriate to “let go” someone vs. to “hold on” to someone?

Have you ever felt like someone is your Twin or could be your Twin but there are also things about them that make you wonder?

Have you ever had a situation where you knew the right thing to do but you didn’t do the right thing out of loyalty to that person, or perhaps out of the addiction you have to that person?

You may have spent your childhood with that person or a big part of your adult life, and you can’t imagine them not being there anymore. But the pain you feel because of the choices they make, is almost unbearable. So when do you cut the line, draw the line, shift the line or do whatever you have to with “this line” and send them on their way so you don’t have to compromise your Self anymore?

A few years ago I had let a best friend of 12 years go because what I found out about her was so contradictory to my own beliefs and my own values, that she became the “test” for me to see if I would sell out or not. I struggled with the reality of judging her. I didn't want to judge her for the choices she made, and at the same time I wasn't willing to turn my head away from those parts that would jeopardize my own integrity. I let her go and today, more than 4 years later, I have no regrets about it. In fact, after our parting other people of much higher quality of character started to enter my life and life took a turn for the better for me.

A couple of years later I tried to remember the blessings that came out of me sticking up for what is right and I tried to have a similar talk with a friend and it didn't go over too well. I found myself in a similar boat and I had to make the same decision once again. And it was harder this time, as most tests are, even though it “shouldn’t” be. I struggled to “cut loose” and “let go” but I didn't want to “hold on” to the friendship either – because I overall realized that we had already lost whatever we had to hold on to for dear life.

I have a saying and belief that whatever is mine cannot be taken away from me. So if it’s mine and I let it go, it will come back to me tenfold. If it doesn’t come back it was never mine to begin with. Why is it so hard to break other people’s hearts just so we can stay in integrity with our own karma and life journey?

I did let go and today, more than 2 years later I see how it was the absolutely best thing, once again, for all parties involved. It took me a long time to get over hurting this person's feelings. Hard at first, heart-breaking even, but time is a great healer and new people of even higher integrity started to appear.

A year later I was given the opportunity again, just to test myself one more time, the entire "sifting process" took less than a month. The healing process took less than a day. It's the way lessons work. The first time is hard, the second time is even harder. However, if we put our integrity (or God) at the top of our priority list, suddenly you realize that the third time is easy. And then suddenly you realize that you have a strength about your character that serves as a repellent and new people without integrity won't even come into your energetic field. And better yet, those that do come into your field because they want to change and they're looking to get nourishment from you. Now THAT is the true blessing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chaszey -

I was happy to read your post! It inspired me, and I understand your life process because I have been through similar trials of letting people go. Yes, I agree, it is a difficult lesson to learn (letting go) but like you, I have come to realize that another soul, another 'lesson' is always right around the corner. It sounds like you may be a "galactic activation portal" (like me), meaning that you can carry the energy (soul) of others in order to help them grow. What a beautiful gift!

I met my twin soul last year. I experienced the 'dark night of the soul' without understanding at the time that there was a specific name for that spiritual experience. It completely changed my life - in positive ways. God has since revealed to me so many awesome insights, revelations, and yes 'lessons' (people).

Unfortunately, my twin soul is held captive by his social bondage, insecurities, and ego, and I am not sure whether he will ever break free in order to EVOLVE. I detached, and continue to detach from him consistently. The psychic cord is extremely strong since we are twin souls. What I do is put my total faith in God.

God - our Higher Power, my El Shaddai - is omnipotent and God's ways are higher than my ways. I realize like you said, you have to let things/people go because if they are yours then they will come back to you. I have placed my twin soul in God's hands and every time I think about him, I simply pray for his highest good.

Letting go is actually a very beautiful experience ... may the most beautiful (enlightening) experience as a human being. Such transformation, growth, and self-love can occur when one embraces the pain and walks through it ... rather than resisting it and living in denial. I wish I could place the message in people's hearts that when you believe and trust in God, God can make you so much stronger and amazing than you were before the loss!

Anyway, it was a blessing to read your post and I pray for your highest good as well, Chaszy.

Go in peace and may God continue to bless you and be your guide throughout this life process.

Ria

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your words are healing and inspiring. I am also a galactic portal activator among other things and am dealing with the same issues with my twin soul. He has the same ego issues and just married someone he barely knew who lives a lifestyle he was supposedly trying to change- but those are his choices and his lessons to learn. As a twin soul it has been too convenient for me to fix things for him all these years and as a psychic healer empath intuitive naturally for others, I was doing these things for him especially, sometimes not even knowing it. The saying " to thine own self be true" applies seemingly to our twin soul as the soul is the same and our soul will be true to it's other half. But, at the exact same time, we have to be true to Our own Self. Twin souls lessons in themselves teach us who we really are and who we are, to God!! He knew that our twin would need us to deliver and uplift them to Him at times, and generally. being the loving and compassionate females that we are, God is trusting us to uplift ourselves and our twin souls to Him in prayer!! I too experienced the dark night of the soul, however, lately I'm finding that I'm low on faith and trust right now in myself and God. Thank you ladies both, Chaszey and Ria for the renewed hope and inspiration and also the reminder to always always keep God as our focus, our healer, our teacher!!

Love and light to all,
thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow for me too!! on this day, I needed to read you all....thank you! wonderful perceptions of LiFE!!! living is a very divine gift to cherrish and Love!!!
although it is pain that we are letting go of now, out of choice, out of love for ourselves which is the most strongest pull that we ever felt in so many lifes ago!! but ...we remember and can do it!! its all aobut this, re-menber to who we really Are! I AM!

all this to say that this letting go of our twin is for me since 9 monts (almost birthing now!!) somce major evolution in my world and experience, I see, and forsee the powerful energy coming ahead, whithout really understanding what IS!! but feeling Knowing that something so powerful is happening, its giving us very strong perceptions and feelings of a very magical UNITY happening...so much...that we can hardly bare it at times...it makes us feel as if we are breaking appart, and renewing Who We Are!...wow,...when you really think of this...its Powerful!
so we best let go (I say all the time to myself!!! when can we just BE????!!) and trust...trust...that is all we ca really DO! and BE...in the moment of this evolunary process.
thanks for letting me express and be thankful of your sharings!!
Love and light!!
Wakinda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this too! I let my twin go in December (only two months ago). I have been doing well and have been calm and at peace and in trust of God but this week I am slipping. Your post has helped me to get a bit stronger, I really feel like contacting him, but for what? For him to try to lead me down the rocky road that I have come off, but he hasn't. In one way I let him off the hook, I am just praying that his love for me and himself will overcome the challenges that he is facing.

Anonymous said...

I have read this and thought about it. I knew a boy once that I had only known for just a month. And to my amazement he and I had become so close and inseprable that I thought the relationship would last forever. The moment I met him I was so attracted to him, so it was easily mistaken for love at first sight.
im a strong believer in the theory that your soul makes a contract with others to teach eachother a lesson. During the time we had gotten to know eachother, he had revieled that his heart was broken. I listened to his story being a friend. And yet somehow I was not strong enough to face what this man reflected back at me. He never intended it but some how along the way he made me feel weak and unworthy. After a month I could feel something terrible was about to happen.

It came to the point where I couldn't handle seeing myself the way I felt he saw me. I wonder how much longer he would have been able to take much more before he broke like me. I imagine though that he would say, I would never have done what you did to me.

Though I am unsure if that is true, I will admit that I wish I could have been stronger. To this day I still wish I could have stayed, but I cant change that I ran. If I had let him he would have helped me in a heart beat...

if I had never met him I would never have took the time to face what frustrated me about myself. I will always be thankful for knowing him, even if it was so short because I had to grow up. I wish you well my love... sending you love...

To the boy who never leaves from the girl that should have stayed.

Thankyou

Anonymous said...

I too met with an amazing man and the first couple of months were amazing. I believe he was my twin flame and I am faced now with the dilemma of letting go. He obviously being the runner and I the chaser it hurts immensely to the point some days I feel numb. I am in a mysteriously lost state due to our separation however I couldn't stand the way I was feeling around him it was too painful as he also brought up feelings of inadequacy and the inability to be able to just relax and be myself. His rejection was cruel in ways he manipulated me through my own fears I felt ignored and ridiculed for loving him I can't understand how he could be so loving and connected to me to turn and slowly find fault with my being, I understand that his behaviour is a reflection of himself but what I'm also finding extremely difficult is the fact that it is somehow also a reflection of me do I ignore my truest self and find fault with myself perhaps my love is tainted with pleas for approval and attention from him that I should be giving to myself. I know that he also seeks attention and approval from the crowd he is in lots of karma I guess it kinda puts you in a spin and its hard to find the courage to walk away and begin on the journey of self love without getting pulled into the desperate and futile battle of trying to get those things fulfilled in us from another person. But I know deep down if we stay on this cycle it will prevent us from going forward and upward in our own soul journey into wholeness and awakening to the precious beings that we are the pain allows us to discover on our own the truth about ourselves instead of allowing others to dictate our worthiness hard but true. Ouch I really hope to see the light at the end of the dark soul night tunnel