Friday, January 2, 2009

How to Be Detached to the Outcome - Poem about Flow


The following poem was written by Rita and Joel McInnis. The title of the poem is called "Flow." The poem happens to describe the meaning of my name, and it happens to be the blueprint by which I want to live my life. Perhaps you'll understand yourself a little better after reading it yourself and I certainly hope you can find some guidance for living a more "detached" life.
Reading this poem helps me especially when I want to "let go" of controlling the speed by which my Twin Soul enters my life. When I'm angry and frustrated that he is not here yet, 100% available to me, then I find comfort in this poem. I hope you do too.
Flow
Be As water is
Without friction
Flow around the edges
Of those within your path
Surround within your ever-moving depths
Those who come to rest there –
Enfold them
While never for a moment holding on
Accept whatever distance
Others are moved within your flow
Be with them gently
As far as they allow your strength to take them
And fill with your own being
The remaining space when they are left behind
When dropping down life’s rapids
Froth and bubble into fragments if you must
Knowing that the one of you now many
Will just as many times be one again
And when you’ve gone as far as you can go
Quietly await your next beginning...

No comments: